18 May 2021
It's almost time.
More and more people have already received their Covid-19 full immunisation and more and more countries are opening their borders to tourism. This means it can't be long until we are all finally allowed to travel abroad again. We at Edelweiss are already in the starting blocks and are ready. We are sure that you can't wait to discover the world on 2 wheels again too.
We at Edelweiss Bike Travel would like to assure you that all our decisions are guided by the highest possible transparency and hospitality. We have been running our tours for 40 years and have mastered one difficult situation or another with you. We are sure that we will come out of this one stronger and more stable as well. We are aware that the current situation is a difficult and stressful one for everyone. Be it for you as a booked guest, as a prospective customer who is wondering whether he should book in the near future and last but not least for our office staff and our tour guides.
For this reason, we would like to inform you about our changes in booking and cancellation conditions, so that each of you has enough time and the necessary flexibility to make the right decision. We will apply this flexibility ourselves and adapt the decisions made to the current situation.
What happens if I have already booked a tour, but I wonder whether I should or can travel at all?
Our ultimate goal is to give you enough flexibility and time so that you can make the right decision for you.
1) If your tour start date lies between 6 weeks (42 days) and 10 weeks (70 days) in the future, we offer you the option to rebook to another tour during the year or in 2022 and transfer the payments already made. There will be no rebooking fee and the payments already made will be valid indefinitely. *
2) If your tour start date is between 4 weeks (28 days) and 6 weeks (42 days) away, we offer you to convert the deposit you have already made into a travel voucher from Edelweiss Bike Travel including a bonus of 125 USD. The voucher will be valid until 31.12.2022 *
3) If your tour start is scheduled to be within the next 4 weeks (28 days) and your tour cannot take place due to governmental instructions, we offer you the following options:
- Rebooking to another tour during the year or to a tour in 2022 with transferring the payments already made and a bonus of 250 USD. No rebooking fee and unlimited validity of payments already made.
- Cancellation of the tour participation and full refund of your paid amount
*Prerequisite for this is the existence of a travel warning of level 4 (EU) or level 3 (US) or higher for the destination.
As a family-run company, the well-being of our guests, employees, and partners is very important to us and we stand by our values and our responsibility even in such special times. Together with you we will weather this storm and hope to welcome you on one of our tours later this year.
All the best,
Rainer & Tobias
Edelweiss Bike Travel