25 September 2020
We still have to be patient.
Hopefully, many of us were able to spend a nice summer and enjoy the own country despite all adversities. But of course, we are still drawn to faraway places and we can hardly wait to ride on foreign roads again.
Unfortunately, this will still take some time, but we at Edelweiss are already in the starting blocks and will be ready as soon as the time comes. Our new e-bike and motorcycle catalogue is printed and on its way to you (many of you have certainly received it already). As always you will discover new exciting tours and those who book a European tour from our standard program 2021 until 31 October 2020 will also receive an early booking discount of EUR 200 / USD 250.
For this reason, we would like to inform you about our short-notice changes in booking and cancellation conditions, so that each of you has enough time and the necessary flexibility to make the right decision. We will apply this flexibility ourselves and adapt the decisions made to the current situation.
Anyway, we keep our fingers crossed and hope that there will soon be positive news worldwide and an end to travel restrictions is foreseeable. Until then we wish you plenty of strength and good health.
What happens if I have already booked a tour, but I wonder whether I should or can travel at all?
Our ultimate goal is to give you enough flexibility and time so that you can make the right decision for you.
1) If your tour start date lies between 6 weeks (42 days) and 10 weeks (70 days) in the future, we offer you the option to rebook to another tour in 2020 or 2021 and transfer the payments already made. There will be no rebooking fee and the payments already made will be valid indefinitely. *
2) If your tour start date is between 4 weeks (28 days) and 6 weeks (42 days) away, we offer you to convert the deposit you have already made into a travel voucher from Edelweiss Bike Travel including a bonus of 125 USD. The voucher will be valid until 31.12.2022 *
3) If your tour start is scheduled to be within the next 4 weeks (28 days) and your tour cannot take place due to governmental instructions, we offer you the following options:
- Rebooking to another tour in the course of the year or for the year 2021 with transfer of the payments already made and a bonus of 250 USD. No rebooking fee and unlimited validity of payments already made.
- Cancellation of the tour participation and full refund of your paid amount
*Prerequisite for this is the existence of a travel warning of level 4 (EU) or level 3 (US) or higher for the destination.
As a family-run company, the well-being of our guests, employees and partners is very important to us and we stand by our values and our responsibility even in such special times. Together with you we will weather this storm and hope to welcome you on one of our tours later this year.
All the best,
Rainer & Tobias
Edelweiss Bike Travel