There is light at the end of the tunnel, but we have to be patient still.
Summer is coming, the motorbikes and e-bikes are polished to a high gloss and the desire to go on a big tour is growing day by day. Unfortunately, we are not quite there yet. But every day more positive news reach us and the first borders are already open again.
All of us at Edelweiss Bike Travel would like to assure you that in these difficult times, when the whole world is holding its breath due to the coronavirus, all our decisions are guided by the highest possible transparency and hospitality. We have been running our tours for 40 years and have mastered many a difficult situation thanks to you. We are sure that we will come out of this one stronger and fitter. We are aware that the current situation is a difficult and stressful one for everybody. Be it for you as a registered guest, as a prospective customer who is wondering if he should book at all for this year and, last but not least, for our office staff and our tour guides.
For this reason, we would like to inform you about our short-notice changes in booking and cancellation conditions, so that each of you has enough time and the necessary flexibility to make the right decision. We will apply this flexibility ourselves and adapt the decisions made to the current situation.
Anyway, we keep our fingers crossed and hope that there will soon be positive news worldwide and an end to travel restrictions is foreseeable. Until then we wish you plenty of strength and good health.
What happens if I have already booked a tour, but I wonder whether I should or can travel at all?
Our ultimate goal is to give you enough flexibility and time so that you can make the right decision for you.
1) If your tour start date lies between 6 weeks (42 days) and 10 weeks (70 days) in the future, we offer you the option to rebook to another tour in 2020 or 2021 and transfer the payments already made. There will be no rebooking fee and the payments already made will be valid indefinitely. *
2) If your tour start date is between 4 weeks (28 days) and 6 weeks (42 days) away, we offer you to convert the deposit you have already made into a travel voucher from Edelweiss Bike Travel including a bonus of 125 USD. The voucher will be valid until 31.12.2022 *
3) If your tour start is scheduled to be within the next 4 weeks (28 days) and your tour cannot take place due to governmental instructions, we offer you the following options:
- Rebooking to another tour in the course of the year or for the year 2021 with transfer of the payments already made and a bonus of 250 USD. No rebooking fee and unlimited validity of payments already made.
- Cancellation of the tour participation and full refund of your paid amount
*Prerequisite for this is the existence of a travel warning of level 4 (EU) or level 3 (US) or higher for the destination.
As a family-run company, the well-being of our guests, employees and partners is very important to us and we stand by our values and our responsibility even in such special times. Together with you we will weather this storm and hope to welcome you on one of our tours later this year.
All the best,
Rainer & Tobias
Edelweiss Bike Travel